Friday 6 November 2009

Slow down the pace little darling ...

I think that's the Gregory Isaacs classic, is it not? Sometimes you've got to do that on your bike too. I was feeling pretty full of cold, a bit low, and took the tube a few times. Then yesterday and today I've been doing shorter rides at a very moderate pace and it's been great! I don't know about the rest of you, but I have an inbuilt need to push myself as far as I can - trying to build up speed, get past people, and yes, I admit it, outpace other cyclists (sometimes).


Proof that Gregory Isaacs has been near a bike - but it's not
clear if "slow down the pace" is about cycling
So how nice to deliberately slow down the pace, travel behind people and stay behind them, not really even break a sweat. I'm getting ready to jump on my bike soon, and I'm really looking foward to taking it slow. But I still promise not to position myself right in front of someone at a traffic lights who looks much faster than me ... (see previous entries)

No comments: