Friday 31 July 2009

The Cycle of Karma

When you're cycling around 100 miles a week through London, you develop some strange notions. The one I can't get out of my head is that you build up karma - good and bad - depending on how you cycle. So - if you stop at red lights, wait politely for pedestrians, smile at cars, you get rewarded - the next light turns green for you straight away, someone smiles back at you - you get the picture. Of course this doesn't always work, but it works often enough for me to try to cycle by those rules. Most of the time.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Like the karma. Try to do the same as well and be smiley :o)

KarmaCycle said...

Thanks Sabata - I'll do my best! Are you a ... cyclist with karmic aspirations too? Do feel free to contribute to any of the topics - sometimes I feel I could do with a bit more interaction, if you know what I mean.

Mark said...

Not sure of the karma, but I keep in mind how much *less* stressful it is than any other means of transport. And I don't always need a cup of coffee as I would do after a gruelling trip on a bus!

KarmaCycle said...

I know what you mean - I had to come in by tube this morning and was reminded once again why bikes are best ...